Google Groups Beta
Subscribe to Raising Readers
Email:
Visit this group

Saturday, February 24, 2007

My Happy Moment

This morning we were all eating at the breakfast table. The boys had finished before me. As I got up to get more food, I turned around and found a nice surprise. Over the counter I could here little voices which sounded like "book talk" as I call it. I saw my two boys with their homemade books we've made together reading to each other. My 5 year old reading his big boy book (which are beginning to look and sound like regular books now)in his proud voice as his little brother quietly listens. Then it was my 3 year old's turn. "I like dinosaurs." he says in his best voice as he "scans" his finger over the words (he knows those letters say something!!!YEAH!). Then I hear my older son say "say it like this" and "you know what that is" which makes me giggle because that's exactly what I tell him when we're practicing our reading. As I hear him say phrases like that and in the exact same tone as how I say them, I know all the effort I'm putting into teaching him really does sink in...and it makes me proud as his teacher and his mommy! It's special moments like this I really enjoy.

No comments: